1. CNN used an Instagram photo of Andrea Rebello and her twin sister in Halloween costumes as a visual in a segment about the 21-year-old Hofstra student’s tragic death by police gunfire.
2. On top of the questionable choice of photograph, the production team’s use of the “Ken Burns” pan-and-scan to add movement makes everything about the segment a million times more offensive.
- 200 million women and girls have undergone genital mutilation, UNICEF data says. But the practice's prevalence is down.
- Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders debated head-to-head over who was a true "progressive." 🇺🇸
- Do you know what happened in the news this week? Time to take our quiz.