1. Step 1: Take a cue from Biden and show up with some doughnuts.
2. Step 2: Print this picture and hang it over your desk.
3. Step 3: Introduce yourself to the CNN audience via hologram.
4. Step 4: Try to stay off Twitter.
6. Step 6: Say “hi” to John King but don’t give him the impression that he’s ever going to get his own show again.
7. Step 7: Take a deep breath and remember that none of the shows on CNN need “supersizing.”
8. Step 8: Have your secretary forward all calls from Larry King to voice mail.
9. … Ted Turner too.
10. Step 9: Remember that you can’t stop Christiane Amanpour, you can only hope to contain her.
(Photo credit: Martin Schoeller)