1. Visit the Sistine Chapel!
Michelangelo’s masterpiece is available to view in stunning detail at The Vatican’s website.
2. Whirl around the Smithsonian’s Museum of Natural History!
SO MANY DINO BONES! (Photo by Don DeBold)
3. Peep the Taj Mahal!
It’s one of the new Seven Wonders of the World and this white marble necropolis is the symbol of India. What are you waiting for?!
4. Walk through the ruins of Pompeii!
The ruins of ancient Pompeii are easily toured from your laptop with the help of Google Maps.
5. Whirl around the ruins of Tikal!
Why bother hacking through the jungle when you can stroll the grounds of this ancient Mayan ruin from your couch? (Photo by 4Neus)
6. See the sights from the Eiffel Tower!
You can now view this amazing landmark without being judged by French people. Sacré bleu! (Photo by McPig)
7. Visit the hidden Incan ruins of Machu Picchu!
Fascinated by Incan architecture but hate hiking? Lucky you! (Photo by Simon Tong)
8. View masterpieces by Rembrandt, Goya, Whistler virtually at The Frick Collection!
Even if you live in New York City you can enjoy the works of the old masters and avoid a trip to the Upper East Side. (Photo by Rev Stan)
9. Check out the pyramids of Giza!
This might be the best way to visit these ancient wonders until the political drama in Egypt passes.
10. Take a look around the Grand Canyon!
No need to risk injury on hiking scary trails. Thanks, Google Maps!
11. Explore the Great Barrier Reef!
Can’t swim but love looking at beautiful things? This tour is for you!
- More than a dozen people were killed after severe storms and flooding swept through the French Riviera on Saturday evening. ›
- President Obama says the U.S. has launched a full investigation into the airstrikes that killed 19 people at a hospital in Afghanistan on Saturday. ›
- The Catholic Church fired high-ranking Vatican official Monsignor Krzysztof Charamsa. He came out as gay on Saturday. ›