Let’s start out easy. You could buy an offbeat tree topper.
2. Find your favorite childhood memory and have Lighter Cases build a theme around it.
Currently they have over five dozen Perler Christmas options to choose from.
3. Or let Sweet Silly Chic send a Sorting Hat to watch over gift distribution.
5. Have a custom steampunk dragon from Red Robin Arts guard your Christmas hoard.
7. Even Vulcans celebrate the season.
You’ll have to tell Think Geek you want it restocked though.
Need your holiday decorations to have a craft flair? No problem!
8. Top your tree with a crafty Castiel.
While Cindi doesn’t have tutorial, this stuffed angel seems simple to replicate.
9. Light up your holiday with a homemade Grinch topper.
With little more than a sewing machine, green vinyl, and these instructions you too can have an illuminated Grinch face.
10. The Sonic Screwdriver might not do wood, but this TARDIS topper can be yours if you do.
Using balsa wood, an Xacto knife, and some glue you too can create a festive police box.
11. Or make the scariest tree topper of all time.
The step-by-step guide from this Doctor Who blog is so fast and simple.
12. If you’ve a penchant for crochet, a Robot Santa could adorn your tree.
Mostly Nerdy Crochet has everything you need to create your own Futurama Santa.
13. Or do a whole Katamari themed holiday with a papier-mâché ball.
14. If you know the basics of electrical components, create a fully operational Death Star.
Follow the step-by-step process over at Instructables.
- The family of Sandra Bland, who died in a Texas jail cell in July three days after she was detained during a traffic stop, filed a wrongful death lawsuit in federal court.
- Migrant deaths in the Mediterranean have exceeded 2,000, making 2015 the deadliest year for people trying to reach Europe, according to the International Organization for Migration.
- At least 24 homes have been lost and one firefighter killed as dozens of wildfires continue to ravage drought-stricken California.