1. Picturesque Mount Hua is located in the Shaanxi province of China.
2. Considered one of China’s Five Great Mountains, it holds centuries of religious significance.
3. Every year, hundreds of newlyweds flock to the destination.
Together they ascend the mountain to hang a lock from a red strip of cloth in a symbolic gesture of dedication to the marriage.
4. With paths like the “Stairway To The Clouds,” the spot is also popular among hikers and tourists.
- A judge ruled that the six Baltimore officers charged in the death of Freddie Gray, a black man allegedly killed by police in April, will have individual trials. ›
- Senate Democrats have secured enough votes to uphold the Iran nuclear deal when Congress votes on it later this month. ›
- Hundreds of Eurostar passengers moving between Britain and France were stranded for hours as people were seen on the tracks attempting to get through the tunnel. ›