1. So your kid wants to go to a birthday party, a staple of happy childhood memories.
2. Which is cool because you know they have the best BFF in the universe and you could use a child-free afternoon.
3. Oh shit, the RSVP says “Parents Welcome” which is code for “Socially unacceptable to kick them out of the car as you drive by.”
4. Which means…two hours in an enclosed space with other parents.
5. Time to man up. If you go to their party, they’ll have to come to yours. Parent Law. You can do this. For your child’s social future.
6. You get to the party, and your kid is instantly like…
7. Stranding you alone in a group of adults you’d never socialize with if you hadn’t all shot babies out of your lady parts in the same year.
9. Only to discover your opposing viewpoints on literally everything from child-rearing to favorite television show.
11. Oh thank God, the food’s here. Time to check in with your kid.
12. “Are you having a good time? Yes? Are you sure? Because we can go. I don’t mind, we can totally go. I’ll take you to get ice cream. Oh you want to stay? Oh…okay.”
13. Did that…did that parent just cut up a nine-year-old’s pizza into bite sized pieces? Judging. Them.
14. Did…did one of those uppity bitches just try to parent your kid?
15. Can we please just sing happy birthday to this little shit so we can all eat cake and go home?
16. Great, time for presents. Where everyone will try to guess how much you spent on the gift and judge you accordingly.
18. The party host announces that time is up and thanks everyone for coming.
19. And while everyone else makes empty promises about getting coffee, you grab your kid and are like “Thanks for having us.”
20. You did it! You made it through the valley of the shadow of parenting.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Greece will decide on Sunday whether they will accept austerity measures as a condition of a bailout that may stave off an imminent financial and economic crisis.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 1-0 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the Copa ⚽️