1. Galaxy Quest is half science-fiction parody, half meta documentary.
• Sigourney “Get Away From Her You Bitch” Weaver as Gwen DeMarco as Lt. Tawny Madison (Uhura/Chapel/Token Female).
• Tim “The Toolman Santa” Allen as Jason Nesmith as Cmdr. Peter Quincy Taggart (Kirk).
• Alan “Always” Rickman as Alexander Dane as Dr. Lazarus of Tev’Meck (Spock).
• Tony “OCD Should Be CDO” Shalhoub as Fred Kwan as Tech Sgt. Chen (Scotty).
• Sam “President Of The Galaxy” Rockwell as Guy Fleegman as a redshirt.
• Daryl “He Looks Familiar IMDB Him” Mitchell as Tommy Webber as Lt. Laredo (Sulu/Wesley Crusher).
4. It totally had a space opera plot, where the washed up actors are called upon to save an alien race.
5. WHO ACTUALLY LOOK TERRIFYINGLY ALIEN*.
*When their cloaking disguises are turned off.
11. It wasn’t afraid to show what fallen actors really think about being pigeon-holed into one role for all eternity by fans.
12. And it acknowledged the fans knew more than the actors, letting them help save the day.
20. If you can watch this opening sequence without wishing Tim Allen’s mullet captained the Enterprise, you’re a liar.
21. Even the Star Trek actors acknowledge its superiority.
- California Republican Kevin McCarthy has dropped out of the race to be the next speaker of the U.S. House. ›
- FIFA has suspended its president Sepp Blatter, secretary general Jerome Valcke, and vice-president Michel Platini for 90 days. ›
- Congressional Democrats are urging the TSA to change its screening procedures for transgender passengers. ›