1. Galaxy Quest is half science-fiction parody, half meta documentary.
• Sigourney “Get Away From Her You Bitch” Weaver as Gwen DeMarco as Lt. Tawny Madison (Uhura/Chapel/Token Female).
• Tim “The Toolman Santa” Allen as Jason Nesmith as Cmdr. Peter Quincy Taggart (Kirk).
• Alan “Always” Rickman as Alexander Dane as Dr. Lazarus of Tev’Meck (Spock).
• Tony “OCD Should Be CDO” Shalhoub as Fred Kwan as Tech Sgt. Chen (Scotty).
• Sam “President Of The Galaxy” Rockwell as Guy Fleegman as a redshirt.
• Daryl “He Looks Familiar IMDB Him” Mitchell as Tommy Webber as Lt. Laredo (Sulu/Wesley Crusher).
4. It totally had a space opera plot, where the washed up actors are called upon to save an alien race.
5. WHO ACTUALLY LOOK TERRIFYINGLY ALIEN*.
*When their cloaking disguises are turned off.
11. It wasn’t afraid to show what fallen actors really think about being pigeon-holed into one role for all eternity by fans.
12. And it acknowledged the fans knew more than the actors, letting them help save the day.
20. If you can watch this opening sequence without wishing Tim Allen’s mullet captained the Enterprise, you’re a liar.
21. Even the Star Trek actors acknowledge its superiority.
- President Obama addressed the 54-member African Union, a first for a sitting U.S. president. The speech marks the end of his historic five-day trip to East Africa.
- The Boy Scouts of America has ended its ban on gay leaders, two years after lifting a ban on gay youth members.
- Boston is no longer pursuing a bid to host the 2024 summer Olympics.
- The Arizona Cardinals have hired the NFL's first female coach.