1. There’s no manual for raising kids. Don’t worry, everyone is faking it.
2. Children can be difficult to wake up in the morning. Get creative!
3. Eating together at least once a day is a great way to stay informed about their lives.
4. Take lots of pictures. But not so many you can’t miss the actual memories.
5. Childhood fears are scary and real. Always be there to fight the monsters in the dark.
6. Being a parent is a full-time gig. Laundry and lawn mowers don’t care about gender lines.
7. If they’re old enough to ask hard questions, they’re old enough to get honest answers.
10. Always bring some kind of entertainment on road trips lest you sacrifice your sanity.
11. But make time for yourself! All parenting and no play makes Jackie a dull boy.
12. If your kids suffer separation anxiety, let them help you get ready to go out.
13. It’s totally normal to feel overwhelmed sometimes. Don’t be afraid to reach out for help.
14. But remember, all parents snap and yell sometimes.
Here Are Today's Top Stories
- Owen Labrie was found not guilty of sexual assault charges stemming from a 15-year-old former student's accusations that he raped her at St. Paul's School. ›
- Former U.S. President George W. Bush delivered a speech honoring New Orleans' teachers during a visit marking the anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. ›
- Police confirmed 71 people, likely refugees who fled Syria, were found dead in a truck abandoned in Austria. ›