1. “Blue Skies” - 1995
The first self-portrait Utermohlen drew after being diagnosed with Alzheimer’s.
2. “Red” - 1996
Utermohlen seems to mourn his sense of self, a shadow of his former life.
3. “Yellow and Green” - 1998
Two years later, Utermohlen draws his world as shrinking. He peers out as if trapped behind prison bars.
4. “Erased Self-Portrait” - 1999
With limited motor control it becomes difficult for Utermohlen to paint.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel on Saturday in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- One person was killed and two others were seriously injured Friday when an air medical transport helicopter crashed in Colorado.
- Popular sections of Reddit went dark this week as confusion and protests swept the site.