1. “Blue Skies” - 1995
The first self-portrait Utermohlen drew after being diagnosed with Alzheimer’s.
2. “Red” - 1996
Utermohlen seems to mourn his sense of self, a shadow of his former life.
3. “Yellow and Green” - 1998
Two years later, Utermohlen draws his world as shrinking. He peers out as if trapped behind prison bars.
4. “Erased Self-Portrait” - 1999
With limited motor control it becomes difficult for Utermohlen to paint.
- U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry will travel to Cuba later this summer for the opening of a U.S. embassy there.
- Nicholas Winton, who saved more than 650 Jewish children from the Holocaust, died at 106.
- The fire at a South Carolina black church late Tuesday night wasn't arson, according to a preliminary investigation.