The nuptials between Stewart, 72, and his fiancée Sunny Ozell, 35, will take place in Massachusetts at an unknown date.
2. This is the lucky bride-to-be, Sunny Ozell!
Stewart met Ozell backstage after one of Stewart’s Macbeth performances in 2009. According to an interview Stewart gave the Telegraph at the beginning of February, “[Sunny] told me afterwards that she was contemplating whether to come backstage or just melt away into the night. But she’d also watched every episode of The Next Generation, and was brought up on Picard, so she knew that underneath there lurked a better man.”
For the next four years, the two continued their transatlantic romance, with Ozell living in New York City as a jazz singer, and Stewart hopping back and forth across the pond. Perhaps fans should have suspected things were getting serious when he dropped $2.5 million on a Park Slope home back in October of last year.
3. Here’s Sunny singing “Pennies From Heaven” live at the Rockwood.
4. Based on photographic evidence, Ian McKellen approves.
Or is drowning his unrequited love in that empty glass while putting on a brave front.
- Mullah Omar — leader of the Taliban — has died, according to multiple reports. The Taliban has not responded to the reports.
- Officials released new footage proving Sandra Bland was "alive and well" when her mugshot was taken. The release aims to counter social media rumors that she was deceased in the photo.
- Michel Platini, the current UEFA president, will be a candidate in the 2016 FIFA election to replace Sepp Blatter ⚽️