8. Simeoleons - The Sims 3
Ha ha ha ha! Those fools still haven’t realized we’re just creating money out of thin air with the “Kaching” cheat. Buy ALL THE THINGS!
7. Federation Credit - Star Trek
Use that extra 2.58 credits to tip your bellhop… or don’t, because surely in the future everyone will make a living wage and be insulted by tip money, right?
6. Galactic Credit - Star Wars
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away… inflation was pretty damn reasonable despite the Trade Federation actively being dicks.
5. Bottle Caps - Fallout: New Vegas
Living the desert leads to parched people which leads more frequent use of Nuka Cola to quench that thirst which in turn leads to an economic downturn as caps flood the market.
4. Septims - Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Aw man, it’s gonna take FOREVER to save up to buy that baby dragon in the window of the pet shop.
3. Galleons - Harry Potter
Good thing Harry’s family was swimming in money because his wand in book one cost a whopping 7 Galleons. No wonder the Weasleys’ were rubbing wizard pennies together.
2. Ankh-Morpork Dollar - Discworld
The price of everything it too damn high! Let’s go to Pseudopolis instead.
- A University of Cincinnati officer has been charged with murder for shooting Samuel Dubose, an unarmed black man.
- Regulators are looking into allegations of "deceptive or unfair" marketing practices at the University of Phoenix.
- Mullah Omar, the Taliban's reclusive leader, died more than two years ago, Afghan officials say. The Taliban hasn't commented.