1. “Conan The Barbarian” was one of the first attempts at a motion poster. It…could have been better.
- Flying birds in the background.
- Pioneer attempt opening the door for other studios to try too!
- Mostly just a big poster you move around with your mouse.
- Auto-play sound. (NO!)
- Not a GIF but a “sharable” link. There isn’t even an embed feature so click thru to see it in motion.
- No ability to save to desktop for sharing later.
4. “The Wolverine” is by far the best motion poster to date.
- Gorgeous art.
- Original (not a remake of a poster)
- Subtle motion and hints as to the movie plot.
- Still not a GIF.
- NOT SHAREABLE! (whyyyyyyy?)
- No embed, no “share on social media”, definitely no “Save As” option.
- Click thru to Entertainment Weekly to see it in motion
- Justice Antonin Scalia, who served almost 30 years on the Supreme Court as one of its most prominent and influential conservative voices, died Saturday. He was 79.
- U.S. Republican presidential candidates debated for the first time since Donald Trump's win in New Hampshire, and it got intense.
- Bitterly cold temperatures and arctic winds began freezing large swathes of the U.S. Northeast ❄️