1. “Conan The Barbarian” was one of the first attempts at a motion poster. It…could have been better.
- Flying birds in the background.
- Pioneer attempt opening the door for other studios to try too!
- Mostly just a big poster you move around with your mouse.
- Auto-play sound. (NO!)
- Not a GIF but a “sharable” link. There isn’t even an embed feature so click thru to see it in motion.
- No ability to save to desktop for sharing later.
3. Intrepid fans managed to turn the motion poster into an easily shared GIF.
- No sound.
- Low quality.
- Shorter snippet.
4. “The Wolverine” is by far the best motion poster to date.
- Gorgeous art.
- Original (not a remake of a poster)
- Subtle motion and hints as to the movie plot.
- Still not a GIF.
- NOT SHAREABLE! (whyyyyyyy?)
- No embed, no “share on social media”, definitely no “Save As” option.
- Click thru to Entertainment Weekly to see it in motion
5. Fans did what they could but a lot of quality was lost in the conversion.
Tumblr’s GIF size limitations were no help but that’s another post entirely.
7. And was also pulled from the fire by fans dedicated to sharing their excitement.
8. But there is hope! “Looper” hit all the right notes.
- Easily shared and/or saved.
- No sound. (YES!)
- Cinemagraph quality subtly.
- Greece will decide on Sunday whether they will accept austerity measures as a condition of a bailout that may stave off an imminent financial and economic crisis.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 1-0 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the Copa ⚽️