1. Cincinnati is home to Graeter’s Ice Cream, otherwise known as manna from Heaven.
2. Native Cincinnatians know Skyline Chili is the only chili.
Only transients prefer the subpar Gold Star. You wanna fight about it?
3. Hate yourself in the morning by taking Izzy’s 110 Reuben challenge.
Or yield to moderation and split this local Cincinnati beast with some friends.
4. Why eat gross, old chain pizza when you can eat Cincinnati-grown La Rosa’s?
Particularly delicious when consumed inside of King’s Island.
5. Speaking of, King’s Island is also home to the best soft-serve flavor in the world.
You haven’t lived until you’ve consumed seasonal blueberry ice cream.
6. Montgomery Inn BBQ sauce is liquid crack.
Be suspicious of the birth place of any Cincinnatian who prefers “dry rub.”
7. No bakery can hold a candle to the cookies, cupcakes, and doughnuts at Busken Bakery in Hyde Park.
Get your own dozen.
8. True Cincinnatians know Glier’s Goetta is the perfect breakfast (of anytime) food.
Goetta is so delicious, it gets its own festival every summer!
9. And of course nobody from Cincinnati would eat gross Cadbury Eggs at Easter with these around.
10. Graceland can keep their peanut butter, banana, and bacon Elvis sandwich. Cincinnati has the grilled-cheese doughnut from Tom + Chee.
Get the Blueberry Bleu for optimal deliciousness.
We've got your WKND covered.
- President Obama is visiting New Orleans neighborhoods today to mark the 10th anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. ›
- Reporters across the U.S. are posting #WeStandWithWDBJ tributes on social media following Wednesday's on-air killing of two journalists. ›
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg said (on Faceboook, obviously) that one billion people used the service on Monday. ›