2. Sun-protecting mask
Why wear sunblock when you can wear a creepy Halloween mask?
3. Anti-masturbation codpiece
Because there was a time when excessive ejaculation — or “spermatorrhea,” as it was called — was thought to be detrimental to your health.
4. A portable respirator for polio
Incorporated a special nylon fabric developed for climbing Mount Everest!
5. Cervical contraceptive cap
Sits over the cervix to prevent sperm from entering the uterus.
6. Ice-cube mask to cure hangovers
Bloody Mary not included.
7. “Vibra-Finger” gum massager
I wonder how many people actually used this for its intended purpose?
9. Vaginal speculum
This sleek bronze model is said to be from ancient Rome.
10. Masks worn by doctors during the Plague
Typically filled with sweet-smelling substances like lavender.