1. You are never without a pencil.
Gotta get those markings right.
2. When a commercial plays Carmina Burana, you can continue singing it for five minutes.
We’ve all spent countless hours in rehearsal for this.
3. You harmonize and analyze Top 40 Hits.
Practice makes perfect.
4. Birthday parties are an opportunity to show off your skills.
Someone’s gotta go up an octave at the end.
5. You assume everything in life requires a lot of work with little pay.
Most of your classes were 1 credit. Maybe 0.
6. Your automatic response to invitations is “I can’t. I have rehearsal.”
Because you always do.
7. Your roommates hate you.
It’s not your fault you have to learn new instruments this semester.
8. You conduct in your car.
And in front of your mirror. And at work.
9. At sporting events, you enjoy the half time show.
And know most of the people involved.
10. You reprimand friends on their breath support while yelling.
Use your diaphragm!
11. You look forward to recitals for the receptions afterwards.
You know 2/3 recitals will feature at least one of the same song.