1. You shiver half the night because you let them steal all the blankets.
Sarah Salmela / Getty Images
2. They have their own personal tablet to watch animal shows on.
fstop123 / Getty Images
3. More people show up to their birthday party than to yours.
Hubert Figuière / Via Flickr: hfiguiere
4. You take your job super seriously but you never get mad when they slack off at theirs.
kurisurokku / Via Flickr: kurisurokku
5. You sing them lullabies to help them get to sleep…every night.
Angel Zinn / Via instagram.com
6. You pay top dollar for their groomer but you haven’t been to a hairdresser in 10 years.
Andy / Via Flickr: andy_bernay-roman
7. You took the time to teach them how to surf, but you can barely swim.
Paul Erickson / Getty Images
8. You take the day off work to make sure they don’t overheat on the hottest day of the year.
jimbomack66 / Via Flickr: doggybytes
9. You spend your life savings on emergency surgery for them and would definitely do it again.
Sonny Abesamis / Via Flickr: enerva
11. You take them to the dog park everyday after work instead of going out and having fun with human people.
Natalie Chandler / Via instagram.com
12. You sleep on the floor with them when they’re not feeling well.
Kate D’Alcorn / Via instagram.com
13. You spend more money on toys for them than your parents spent on you as a child.
marioanima / Via Flickr: banky177