1. The protesters were reading books to the police as a part of their peaceful protest when…
3. …The police decided to use pepper spray right onto people’s faces.
The photo of “The girl in red dress” has been used as the symbol of the uprising.
4. Since then, pepper spray’s in the air of Istanbul.
Meaning “Chemical Tayyip” (Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, the Prime Minister of Turkey)
10. Journalist Ahmet Şık was one of the many injured that have been receiving treatment for head trauma.
17. Look at them making this moment a memory?!?!
18. But still, some protesters had the heart to share their food with the police.
The video is from the police’s unexpected pepper spray raid at 5 AM.
20. Hold on Istanbul