1. Your crush probably had no idea you liked them.
Let’s be real, sometimes they didn’t even know you existed.
2. You eagerly looked forward to your 5th period class with them.
And you spent the rest of your classes daydreaming about them.
3. You either admired them from afar…
…or teased them endlessly.
4. Either way, they gave you serious stomach butterflies.
5. You went out of your way to pass them in the hallway.
LOOK AT THAT CASUAL LOCKER LEAN.
6. You saved your best outfits for days you saw them the most.
Because they definitely noticed how hot you looked in your new Abercrombie Kids hoodie.
7. You looked for any sign that they were into you.
They stood next to you in line? You guys were practically dating. They sat at your lunch table? Wedding bells.
8. Then one day, they actually talked to you.
The angels sang and the sky got bluer and the grass greener.
9. You tried to play it cool, but inside you were FREAKING OUT.
10. You wanted to tell them how you really felt.
11. But that was too risky, so you passed them a note instead.
Bonus points if it had a “check yes if you like me” box.
12. You mentally prepared yourself for rejection.
13. When they didn’t respond, you wanted to crawl in a hole and die of embarrassment.
14. But then rumors suddenly surfaced.
Becky heard from Tina who heard from Joe who heard from Chris who overheard the soccer team talking about how your crush thought you were kinda sorta pretty cute.
15. You mustered up the courage to ask them out.
16. You sent each other a few flirty texts or IMs.
17. You went to the movies in a group and stressed about holding hands.
There’s no such thing as an accidental hand brush.
18. They started saying hello to you in the hallway.
19. You moved them into your top friends on Myspace.
If they reciprocated, you knew it was true love.
20. You scoped out all their social media accounts.
In the early 2000s, this meant their Myspace, Xanga from 6th grade, and current AIM profile.
21. Speaking of which, you added their name to your AIM profile.
Along with some romantic lyrics to really emphasize that your relationship was profound and everlasting.
22. The whole school talked about how you two were an item.
23. You shared your first slow dance with them.
In other words, you rhythmically swayed back and forth to Mario’s “Let Me Love You.”
24. Maybe you even got your first kiss.
Their lips were chapped but it was SO TOTALLY ROMANTIC under the bleachers at that one football game.
25. You constantly talked about how much you were in love with them.
Even though you had only interacted with them for like two weeks.
26. You hoped your relationship would last forever.
In your mind, you guys were the next Noah and Allie.
27. Unfortunately, it didn’t last.
Maybe they started ignoring you. Maybe they sent you a breakup text or IM. Whatever the means, your crush ended it all too soon.
28. Your friends helped you move on from your first breakup.
There was nothing comfort food, sleepovers, and/or a new video game couldn’t fix.
29. You were SO over what’s-their-face and dating in general.
- Russia won't "wage war" against Turkey after the shooting down of a Russian warplane yesterday, its foreign minister said. ›
- Brussels started reopening schools and the Metro Wednesday after a four-day security lockdown. The city remains on the highest terrorism alert. ›
- And it's been 100 years since the anniversary of Albert Einstein's general theory of relativity. ›