We’ve waited seven years for this!
Ever since Fox canceled Arrested Development in 2006, many die-hard fans have prayed for the show to be resurrected. Fans, no doubt, rejoiced in 2011 when Netflix announced a deal with 20th Century Fox to revive the cult classic. Now, the day of reckoning is close at hand. Last month, Netflix announced all 15 episodes of Season 4 would be available through the streaming service on Sunday, May 26th, according to ABC News. Last week, Perez Hilton declared that the Hollywood premiere of the show at the famed TCL Chinese Theater took Los Angeles “by storm.”
After waiting and hoping for seven years, another two and a half weeks might seem like nothing, right? Wrong.
One Twitter user Simela had this to say:
Another user j.Bowman admits:
So for fans like Simela and Mr. Bowman who absolutely can’t wait for May 26th to roll around, here are a few ways to pass the time:
1. Gawk at fabulous red carpet photos from the Arrested Development premiere in Los Angeles. Perez Hilton promises members of the cast “were all lookin’ gooooooood.”
2. Sign up for a texting service that will let you know the exact moment the new episodes are available on Netflix. Gizmodo explains that the texting tool will “immediately notify you when the new season…hits the streams” and provides instructions on how to use the service.
3. Watch the Arrested Development documentary from “superfans” Jeff Smith and Neil Lieberman. The doc was released Friday May 3rd, after the producers turned to Kickstarter in a final fundraising blitz that pushed the film past the finish line. Watch the preview here!
4. Stop by the Arrested Development banana stand, which is on tour, according to Time Magazine, and coming to a city near you!
5. Read about the plot for the upcoming season. Screenrant provides this teaser from the show’s producer, Mitch Hurwitz: “The bigger story is the family has fallen apart at the start of our show. They all went their own way, without Michael holding them together, so they’re left to their own devices, and they’re not the most successful devices.”
6. And if that’s not enough…check out the “Arrested Development GIFs” Tumblr and send GIFs to friends at appropriate (or in appropriate) moments in text conversations. You can choose from gems like “I feel like a f*cking idiot” or “Tobias, I don’t think this relationship is going to work.”
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!