From the YouTube description: “The Cassini spacecraft has been detecting intense radio emissions from the planet Saturn. They come from the planet’s aurorae, where magnetic field lines thread the polar regions. These signals have been shifted into the range of human hearing and compressed in time.”
2. Recording from 1860:
3. Warning sirens:
Self-explanatory. Just terrifying.
4. The Bloop:
An unexplained sound from the bottom of the ocean.
Another unexplained deep sea sound. Who’s Julia?
6. The Wandering Soul
From the YouTube description: “An audio mix the US military used during the Vietnam War against the North Vietnamese,” in an attempt to scare the enemy into submission.
7. Alessandro Moreschi:
A video of the only castrated male to have made a sound recording.
8. Red Fox sounds:
From the YouTube description: “The cubs in the pen were orphans who were later returned to the wild.”
9. Hurricane winds:
From the YouTube description: “The complex interactions of charged electromagnetic particles from the solar wind , planetary magnetosphere etc. create vibration “soundscapes”. It sounds very interesting, even scary.”
From the YouTube description: “A Russian Number Station which broadcasts a single buzzing, monotonous, note 25 times a minute every hour. One minute before the hour the tones changes to the manner it does in this clip. It’s been broadcasting since about 1987 and has only been interrupted on a couple of occasions when it aired garbled, distorted, coded messages and then resumed broadcasting the buzz.”
12. The Max Headroom Incident
From the Youtube description: “On a late-November evening in 1987, two Chicago television stations were victims of a broadcast signal takeover. No one knows who the perpetrator was.”
13. And, of course, most terrifying of all… The Unsolved Mysteries” theme:
- Justice Antonin Scalia, who served almost 30 years on the Supreme Court as one of its most prominent and influential conservative voices, died Saturday. He was 79.
- U.S. Republican presidential candidates debated for the first time since Donald Trump's win in New Hampshire, and it got intense.
- Bitterly cold temperatures and arctic winds began freezing large swathes of the U.S. Northeast ❄️