1. Here’s what a mulleted, apparently very tired Nicolas Cage Superman wearing a costume apparently made out of a garbage bag might have looked like:
Here’s the story: Tim Burton was once slated to direct a Superman movie written by Kevin Smith and starring Nic Cage. Yes, you read that right: Burton-Smith-Cage. The trifecta. The movie was originally set to feature “rainbow robot outfits, Brainiac Skull ships, Superman fighting a giant spider and polar bears guarding the Fortress of Solitude,” and the actual death of Superman. It was ultimately shelved in favor of 2006’s Superman Returns, and we all know how that went.
The director of Metalocalypse, Jon Schnepp, is looking to Kickstart a documentary about the greatest superhero movie that never was. Please make this happen.
- Tunisia's president declared a state of emergency a week after a deadly terror attack on a beach hotel.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 0-1 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the cup ⚽️