1. Be modest.
Ellen will happily tell you that she’s the most modest of anyone, anywhere.
2. Always mean well when you joke with friends.
If your friends can’t take a good-natured ribbing from you, maybe you’re not really that close. Or you just aren’t funny. Either way.
5. Remember that beauty is not measured by a number.
Girl knows what she’s talking about.
7. Whenever possible, wear onesies with Ryan Gosling.
You could wear them at home without him but it might not be the same.
8. You don’t have to ask about somebody’s sexuality.
It’s none of yo bidniss.
10. Know what your values are.
And be prepared to fight people who question you.
11. Don’t use humour to pick on someone. Pick on yourself.
You can take it but don’t expect other people to.
12. Be generous with whatever you have.
OK, in Ellen’s case it’s millions of dollars but if all you have is a bag of jelly beans, spread the love.
13. Remember that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
Next time someone copies your outfit, don’t get mad, take photos and smile.
14. Play pranks every now and then.
They’re good for the soul.
16. And dance.
Every chance you get.
This post was created by a Community Brand Publisher, which means it is not sponsored and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff.