Here’s the simple truth: a 1-loss SEC team should make the BCS Championship game ahead of an undefeated Ohio State.
Why? Let’s start, and finish, with these 7 excellent reasons:
1. Florida 41, Ohio State 14
Stephen Dunn / Getty Images
2. LSU 38, Ohio State 24
Chris Graythen / Getty Images
3. Florida 24, Oklahoma 14
Doug Benc / Getty Images
4. Alabama 37, Texas 21
Jeff Gross / Getty Images
5. Auburn 22, Oregon 19
Christian Petersen / Getty Images
6. Alabama 21, LSU 0
Andy Lyons / Getty Images
7. Alabama 42, Notre Dame 14
Streeter Lecka / Getty Images
For the last word, let’s go to someone who really knows the strength of the SEC: Urban Meyer, the coach of two Florida championship teams. Here’s what he told the Miami Herald at SEC media days in 2005 — before the SEC began its historic title run.
Jonathan Daniel / Getty Images
We agree, Urban! We’ll try to take that into consideration when picking between an SEC school and your Buckeyes.
In The News Today
- At least 86 people were killed in twin bomb blasts during a peace rally near the main train station in Turkey's capital. ›
- Activists are celebrating the 20th anniversary of the Million Man March at the National Mall in Washington, D.C. ›
- Elections on Sunday are widely expected to hand Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko a fifth term since 1994. ›