Here’s the simple truth: a 1-loss SEC team should make the BCS Championship game ahead of an undefeated Ohio State.
Why? Let’s start, and finish, with these 7 excellent reasons:
1. Florida 41, Ohio State 14
2. LSU 38, Ohio State 24
3. Florida 24, Oklahoma 14
4. Alabama 37, Texas 21
5. Auburn 22, Oregon 19
6. Alabama 21, LSU 0
7. Alabama 42, Notre Dame 14
For the last word, let’s go to someone who really knows the strength of the SEC: Urban Meyer, the coach of two Florida championship teams. Here’s what he told the Miami Herald at SEC media days in 2005 — before the SEC began its historic title run.
We agree, Urban! We’ll try to take that into consideration when picking between an SEC school and your Buckeyes.
- Rallies for climate change action are taking place around the world ahead of the United Nations climate talks in Paris. ›
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- And watch a man react to the modern world after spending 44 years in prison. ›