Here’s the simple truth: a 1-loss SEC team should make the BCS Championship game ahead of an undefeated Ohio State.
Why? Let’s start, and finish, with these 7 excellent reasons:
1. Florida 41, Ohio State 14
2. LSU 38, Ohio State 24
3. Florida 24, Oklahoma 14
4. Alabama 37, Texas 21
5. Auburn 22, Oregon 19
6. Alabama 21, LSU 0
7. Alabama 42, Notre Dame 14
For the last word, let’s go to someone who really knows the strength of the SEC: Urban Meyer, the coach of two Florida championship teams. Here’s what he told the Miami Herald at SEC media days in 2005 — before the SEC began its historic title run.
We agree, Urban! We’ll try to take that into consideration when picking between an SEC school and your Buckeyes.
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- World leaders are gathering in Paris for the United Nations summit on climate change 🌍 ›
- And Kobe Bryant wrote a poem announcing that he's retiring from professional basketball at the end of this season 🏀🎭 ›