Here’s the simple truth: a 1-loss SEC team should make the BCS Championship game ahead of an undefeated Ohio State.
Why? Let’s start, and finish, with these 7 excellent reasons:
1. Florida 41, Ohio State 14
Stephen Dunn / Getty Images
2. LSU 38, Ohio State 24
Chris Graythen / Getty Images
3. Florida 24, Oklahoma 14
Doug Benc / Getty Images
4. Alabama 37, Texas 21
Jeff Gross / Getty Images
5. Auburn 22, Oregon 19
Christian Petersen / Getty Images
6. Alabama 21, LSU 0
Andy Lyons / Getty Images
7. Alabama 42, Notre Dame 14
Streeter Lecka / Getty Images
For the last word, let’s go to someone who really knows the strength of the SEC: Urban Meyer, the coach of two Florida championship teams. Here’s what he told the Miami Herald at SEC media days in 2005 — before the SEC began its historic title run.
Jonathan Daniel / Getty Images
We agree, Urban! We’ll try to take that into consideration when picking between an SEC school and your Buckeyes.
In The News Today
- A flash flood emergency has been issued Sunday in Charleston, South Carolina. More than 16 inches of rain fell in some areas. ›
- President Obama says the U.S. has launched a full investigation into the airstrikes that killed 19 people at a hospital in Afghanistan on Saturday. ›
- More than a dozen people were killed after severe storms and flooding swept through the French Riviera on Saturday evening. ›