Here’s the simple truth: a 1-loss SEC team should make the BCS Championship game ahead of an undefeated Ohio State.
Why? Let’s start, and finish, with these 7 excellent reasons:
1. Florida 41, Ohio State 14
Stephen Dunn / Getty Images
2. LSU 38, Ohio State 24
Chris Graythen / Getty Images
3. Florida 24, Oklahoma 14
Doug Benc / Getty Images
4. Alabama 37, Texas 21
Jeff Gross / Getty Images
5. Auburn 22, Oregon 19
Christian Petersen / Getty Images
6. Alabama 21, LSU 0
Andy Lyons / Getty Images
7. Alabama 42, Notre Dame 14
Streeter Lecka / Getty Images
For the last word, let’s go to someone who really knows the strength of the SEC: Urban Meyer, the coach of two Florida championship teams. Here’s what he told the Miami Herald at SEC media days in 2005 — before the SEC began its historic title run.
Jonathan Daniel / Getty Images
We agree, Urban! We’ll try to take that into consideration when picking between an SEC school and your Buckeyes.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Fox News has announced the 10 Republican candidates who will participate in the first debate of the 2016 U.S. presidential race on Thursday.
- The World Health Organization says new cases of Ebola in Sierra Leone and Guinea hit the lowest point in more than a year last week.
- Super Typhoon Soudelor, the strongest storm of 2015 so far, is threatening parts of Asia after hitting the Pacific island Saipan.