1. There’s a ton to be excited about going into 2013.
2. Alfred Morris had 1,613 yards and 13 touchdowns as a rookie. He’s going to be one of the best running backs in the NFC this year.
3. And he’s running behind Trent Williams, who was a rock at left tackle last season.
4. There’s lots of talent at receiver. Pierre Garçon and Leonard Hankerson are home run threats.
5. Plus, there’s still Santana Moss, now entering his ninth season in D.C. He’s got 45 TDs in his Redskins career. Even at age 34, he’s still a dynamic receiver.
6. Fred Davis is no Chris Cooley, but now that he’s healthy again, he’s primed for a big 2013.
7. The defense has talent, too. Ryan Kerrigan and his 8.5 sacks in 2012? He’s BACK.
8. Brian Orakpo? He is SO VERY BACK.
9. Young studs in the secondary? Meet David Amerson and Bacarri Rambo.
10. And veteran leadership? There’s plenty of it. London Fletcher and DeAngelo Hall are holding it down on defense.
11. For the first time since the Chip Lohmiller days, the Skins have a reliable kicker. Kai Forbath went 17 for 18 last year, including 12 for 12 from 40+.
12. Plus, don’t forget about the coaching staff. Mike Shanahan, would you like to show us those Super Bowl rings of yours?
13. There’s so much to be excited about in 2013. This was a playoff team in 2012, and they’re ready for the next step this season. Hail to the Redskins!
- Chicago officials have released the video of a white police officer fatally shooting Laquan McDonald, a black teenager. The officer was charged with murder Tuesday. ›
- At least 19 people in seven U.S. states have been infected with E. coli in an outbreak officials believe is linked to rotisserie chicken salads sold at Costco. ›
- Adele broke the single-week U.S. album sales record set by NSYNC in 2000. "25" sold at least 2.43 million in about three days. ›