1. With the eyes of the world — and the expectations of a nation — upon them, Brazil fell behind 1-0 in the 11th minute against Croatia thanks to an own goal.
It was defender Marcelo with the gaffe.
2. Twitter and Vine had a lot to say about this:
14. But Neymar responded with the tying goal a few minutes later, so all of Brazil can breathe easy.
For more reactions, check out #owngoal on Twitter.
- U.S. President Barack Obama visited Oregon on Friday to meet with victims' families after last week's deadly campus shooting. Gun-rights activists protested his visit. ›
- The U.S. ended its $500 million program that trains and equips Syrian rebels in their fight against ISIS. ›
- A judge halted all eight scheduled executions in Arkansas. Inmates are challenging a law allowing the state to keep the source of its execution drugs a secret. ›