1. With the eyes of the world — and the expectations of a nation — upon them, Brazil fell behind 1-0 in the 11th minute against Croatia thanks to an own goal.
It was defender Marcelo with the gaffe.
2. Twitter and Vine had a lot to say about this:
14. But Neymar responded with the tying goal a few minutes later, so all of Brazil can breathe easy.
For more reactions, check out #owngoal on Twitter.
- Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders debated head-to-head over who was a true "progressive." 🇺🇸
- Do you know what happened in the news this week? Time to take our quiz.