1. Costa Rica’s the happiest country in the world. And that’s no mistake.
2. If you lived in Costa Rica, you’d always have great surf nearby.
9. How magical is Costa Rica? Here, the chocolate literally grows on trees.
10. Even the sloths are insanely happy.
Costa Rica’s home to one of the biggest sloth sanctuaries in the world.
12. Here, people are always outdoors, doing amazing things.
Like going on canopy tours, which are really popular in Costa Rica.
13. It’s no surprise that with a country like this, Costa Rica’s also of the greenest countries on Earth.
15. Plus, Costa Ricans really love animals — and do a lot to help animals in need.
16. And there’s one more reason to be excited about Costa Rica: If you lived here, you’d be celebrating the Ticos.
17. Who won Group D, and then beat Greece to make the round of eight.
18. We get it Costa Rica. Your country is pretty amazing — both on and off the fields.
19. No matter what happens in this World Cup, we know: You’ve already won.
- Joyce Mitchell, the prison worker who was accused of helping inmates Richard Matt and David Sweat escape from a New York prison, pleaded guilty and faces up to seven years in prison.
- Several people have been wounded after a shooting near Barcelona's famed La Rambla street, according to Spanish media.
- President Obama addressed the 54-member African Union, a first for a sitting U.S. president. The speech marks the end of his historic five-day trip to East Africa.