1. Costa Rica’s the happiest country in the world. And that’s no mistake.
2. If you lived in Costa Rica, you’d always have great surf nearby.
9. How magical is Costa Rica? Here, the chocolate literally grows on trees.
10. Even the sloths are insanely happy.
Costa Rica’s home to one of the biggest sloth sanctuaries in the world.
12. Here, people are always outdoors, doing amazing things.
Like going on canopy tours, which are really popular in Costa Rica.
13. It’s no surprise that with a country like this, Costa Rica’s also of the greenest countries on Earth.
15. Plus, Costa Ricans really love animals — and do a lot to help animals in need.
16. And there’s one more reason to be excited about Costa Rica: If you lived here, you’d be celebrating the Ticos.
17. Who won Group D, and then beat Greece to make the round of eight.
18. We get it Costa Rica. Your country is pretty amazing — both on and off the fields.
19. No matter what happens in this World Cup, we know: You’ve already won.
- One person was killed and another was injured Friday in a shooting at Texas Southern University. Police have detained two possible suspects. ›
- A judge halted all eight scheduled executions in Arkansas. Inmates are challenging a law allowing the state to keep the source of its execution drugs a secret. ›
- The U.S. ended its $500 million program that trains and equips Syrian rebels in their fight against ISIS. ›