1. Costa Rica’s the happiest country in the world. And that’s no mistake.
2. If you lived in Costa Rica, you’d always have great surf nearby.
9. How magical is Costa Rica? Here, the chocolate literally grows on trees.
10. Even the sloths are insanely happy.
Costa Rica’s home to one of the biggest sloth sanctuaries in the world.
12. Here, people are always outdoors, doing amazing things.
Like going on canopy tours, which are really popular in Costa Rica.
13. It’s no surprise that with a country like this, Costa Rica’s also of the greenest countries on Earth.
15. Plus, Costa Ricans really love animals — and do a lot to help animals in need.
16. And there’s one more reason to be excited about Costa Rica: If you lived here, you’d be celebrating the Ticos.
17. Who won Group D, and then beat Greece to make the round of eight.
18. We get it Costa Rica. Your country is pretty amazing — both on and off the fields.
19. No matter what happens in this World Cup, we know: You’ve already won.
- Police confirmed 71 people, likely refugees who fled Syria, were found dead in a truck abandoned in Austria. The suspected drivers have been arrested. ›
- President Obama marked a decade of recovery after Hurricane Katrina, citing gains, but also the immense amount of work that he said still needs to be done. ›
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg said (on Faceboook, obviously) that one billion people used the service on Monday 🌐 ›