1. If the Doctor Who 50th anniversary 50th anniversary celebrations weren’t grand enough, yesterday there was a reception held at Buckingham Palace for it.
2. Sophie, Countess of Wessex, hosted stars from the show’s history in the Palace’s Bow Room.
3. Matt Smith brought some counter-cultural hippie vibes to the Queen’s residence, doing his trademark peace sign.
4. John Hurt, making a one-off appearance in this week’s special as the “War Doctor” was in attendance.
5. As was Fourth Doctor actor Tom Baker.
6. And his successor Peter Davison.
7. And Catherine Tate, who played Donna Noble.
8. Sophie got to feel K-9’s rod as Steven Moffat looked on.
9. The Eleventh Doctor’s flesh avatar was there as well, or perhaps a shape-shifting Zygon.
10. Jenna Coleman had her best “meeting-the-royals” face on.
She will have had a lot of practise, playing opposite Queen Elizabeth I in The Day Of The Doctor.
11. And a rollicking great time was had by all.
Apart from possibly Hurt, who looks a bit bored here.