9. Vince Noir (The Mighty Boosh).
Living with a fashionista can be challenging at the best of times, but Vince is one of the endlessly annoying jolly optimists, happy and enthusiastic despite his life being filled with misfortune and strange monsters at every turn. Nevertheless, he’d give you a lot of cool clothes.
8. Gary Strang (Men Behaving Badly).
7. Matthew Malone (Game On).
The central character in this sort-of classic dark British take on Friends was an agoraphobic borderline psychopath. And he was only even something to look at for the first series, after which Ben Chaplin was replaced by the less-pretty Neil Stuke.
6. Terry Collier (The Likely Lads).
This was the ’60s. You’d want to be having way more fun in the ’60s than hanging out with this cynical pedant, best friend or not. Free love, guys!
5. Sheldon Cooper (The Big Bang Theory).
Forget how wonderful he is to watch, those one-liners would wear thin at close quarters. The advantage is that Doctor Who is built into his morning routine, and the roommate agreement actually sounds like a pretty effective method of problem solving. But when America’s biggest comedy is built entirely around him being a sociopath, you should probably listen.
4. Jeremy Usborne (Peep Show).
Because you just know that you would see too much of yourself in this hapless, directionless child-man to ever feel entirely comfortable.
3. Monica Geller (Friends).
Yeah yeah yeah, mother hen of the group, do anything for anyone and all of that. But Monica is an OCD neurotic clean freak and we all know what happens when you live with those.
2. Rick (The Young Ones).
An anarchist sociology student who writes poetry. We don’t really need to say anymore. (Actually that kind of sounds like fun).
The very embodiment of crushed ambition and romantic disaster. It would be infectious, and living with Tim would be like staring into an unending chasm of the futility of existence. On the plus side, he has an excellent comic collection, and you would get to be in Spaced.
- France and Russia have agreed to coordinate their airstrikes with the U.S. against ISIS. ›
- Russia's athletic federation has accepted its suspension after a report found evidence of "widespread doping." ›
- Adele's record-breaking album "25" has now sold more than 3 million copies in the U.S. ›