1. Pop singer Rita Ora has been cast in the 50 Shades of Grey movie.
The British Roc Nation star will play Mia, the younger sister of eccentric millionaire and S&M enthusiast Christian Grey. Mia is described as “a very bubbly and outgoing person.” She is fluent in French, plays the cello, and studied cooking in Paris. She refused to study martial arts at the age of 12, against her mother’s wishes.
2. She shared the news of her biggest acting role yet on Twitter yesterday.
It’s official! I’ve been cast in @FiftyShades of Grey as Christian’s sister Mia. #FiftyShades
3. Ora will star alongside Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan in the movie, now set for a 2015 release.
- 26 people, thought to be refugees and migrants, were discovered in the back of a truck in Austria. ›
- Four people working for VICE News who were detained by Turkish authorities on Thursday while covering political clashes with police are set to face terrorism charges. ›
- Oliver Sacks, the famed neurologist and author, died Sunday from cancer. He was 82. ›