1. Pop singer Rita Ora has been cast in the 50 Shades of Grey movie.
The British Roc Nation star will play Mia, the younger sister of eccentric millionaire and S&M enthusiast Christian Grey. Mia is described as “a very bubbly and outgoing person.” She is fluent in French, plays the cello, and studied cooking in Paris. She refused to study martial arts at the age of 12, against her mother’s wishes.
2. She shared the news of her biggest acting role yet on Twitter yesterday.
It’s official! I’ve been cast in @FiftyShades of Grey as Christian’s sister Mia. #FiftyShades
3. Ora will star alongside Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan in the movie, now set for a 2015 release.
- Fox News has announced the 10 Republican candidates who will participate in the first debate of the 2016 U.S. presidential race on Thursday.
- The World Health Organization says new cases of Ebola in Sierra Leone and Guinea hit the lowest point in more than a year last week.
- Super Typhoon Soudelor, the strongest storm of 2015 so far, is threatening parts of Asia after hitting the Pacific island Saipan.