1. Pop singer Rita Ora has been cast in the 50 Shades of Grey movie.
The British Roc Nation star will play Mia, the younger sister of eccentric millionaire and S&M enthusiast Christian Grey. Mia is described as “a very bubbly and outgoing person.” She is fluent in French, plays the cello, and studied cooking in Paris. She refused to study martial arts at the age of 12, against her mother’s wishes.
2. She shared the news of her biggest acting role yet on Twitter yesterday.
It’s official! I’ve been cast in @FiftyShades of Grey as Christian’s sister Mia. #FiftyShades
3. Ora will star alongside Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan in the movie, now set for a 2015 release.
- World leaders are gathering in Paris for the United Nations summit on climate change 🌍 ›
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- And Kobe Bryant wrote a poem announcing that he's retiring from professional basketball at the end of this season 🏀🎭 ›