1. Pop singer Rita Ora has been cast in the 50 Shades of Grey movie.
The British Roc Nation star will play Mia, the younger sister of eccentric millionaire and S&M enthusiast Christian Grey. Mia is described as “a very bubbly and outgoing person.” She is fluent in French, plays the cello, and studied cooking in Paris. She refused to study martial arts at the age of 12, against her mother’s wishes.
2. She shared the news of her biggest acting role yet on Twitter yesterday.
It’s official! I’ve been cast in @FiftyShades of Grey as Christian’s sister Mia. #FiftyShades
3. Ora will star alongside Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan in the movie, now set for a 2015 release.
- California Republican Kevin McCarthy has dropped out of the race to be the next speaker of the U.S. House. ›
- The United Nations has proposed a national unity government for Libya after peace talks between the north African country's two rival factions. ›
- Walter Scott's family has reached a $6.5 million settlement with North Charleston, S.C., where the unarmed black man was fatally shot by an officer in April. ›