1. Something a bit special happened in Covent Garden this afternoon.
I’m getting ready to pop up in Covent Garden at 1pm today. Oh baby!
3. Just after 1.30pm, Sir Paul McCartney of The Beatles fame played an impromptu show on the Piazza.
We say impromptu, there will have been a lot of planning gone into it but you know what we mean.
4. He said:
We’re just gonna do as few songs from our new album, so get your phones out. As if they weren’t already.
5. So everybody did.
6. And then he did exactly that.
Macca played “New”, “Save Us”, “Everybody Out There” and new single “Queenie Eye” from the new record “New”. His finest work in years was produced by young guns Mark Ronson and Ethan Johns. “Busking,” he said. “I’ve always wanted to busk here.”
7. Then he said:
Things have changed since the ’60s. We’d have been coming in from the clubs round about now, never mind having to get up and sing.
8. And then, because he hadn’t rehearsed enough tracks, he did “New” again.
9. Here is “Queenie Eye”.
10. And here is the second performance of “New”.
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- World leaders are gathering in Paris for the United Nations summit on climate change 🌍 ›
- And Kobe Bryant wrote a poem announcing that he's retiring from professional basketball at the end of this season 🏀🎭 ›