1. Something a bit special happened in Covent Garden this afternoon.
I’m getting ready to pop up in Covent Garden at 1pm today. Oh baby!
3. Just after 1.30pm, Sir Paul McCartney of The Beatles fame played an impromptu show on the Piazza.
We say impromptu, there will have been a lot of planning gone into it but you know what we mean.
4. He said:
We’re just gonna do as few songs from our new album, so get your phones out. As if they weren’t already.
5. So everybody did.
6. And then he did exactly that.
Macca played “New”, “Save Us”, “Everybody Out There” and new single “Queenie Eye” from the new record “New”. His finest work in years was produced by young guns Mark Ronson and Ethan Johns. “Busking,” he said. “I’ve always wanted to busk here.”
7. Then he said:
Things have changed since the ’60s. We’d have been coming in from the clubs round about now, never mind having to get up and sing.
8. And then, because he hadn’t rehearsed enough tracks, he did “New” again.
9. Here is “Queenie Eye”.
10. And here is the second performance of “New”.
- More debris – believed to be part of the missing aircraft MH370 – has been found washed up on the Indian Ocean island of Réunion on Sunday.
- Cilla Black, the legendary English singer and TV star, has died at her home in Spain, according to local police. She was 72 years old.
- A conservation group at Oxford University told BuzzFeed News that media reports of Jericho's death were not true and that the 11-year-old lion was "alive and well".