1. Artist Jim Kay has been commissioned to illustrate the world of Harry Potter for a series of new editions.
And this is the first image of everyone’s favourite boy wizard who used to be played by Daniel Radcliffe. The first in the series of illustrated full-colour editions will be published by Bloomsbury in September 2015.
2. This is what Jim had to say about the gig of a lifetime:
From my point of view it is without doubt the commission of a lifetime… to design the characters, the clothing, the architecture and landscapes to possibly the most expansive world in children’s literature, well let’s just say I’m extremely excited about it. However I am also mindful of the huge responsibility this represents. I want to make sure I do the best job I possibly can.
3. Here is his vision of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
Jim won the Kate Greenaway Medal in 2012 for illustrations of A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness. He previously worked in the archives of Tate Britain and the Royal Botanical Gardens at Kew. He lives in Northamptonshire with his partner and a rescued greyhound.
- A Lake County police officer was shot and killed by three men during a routine traffic stop in Fox Lake, Illinois. ›
- A Kentucky clerk continues to defy the Supreme Court by denying marriage licenses to same-sex couples. ›
- Google introduced a redesigned logo. It's the biggest change to the logo since 1999. ›