1. Artist Jim Kay has been commissioned to illustrate the world of Harry Potter for a series of new editions.
And this is the first image of everyone’s favourite boy wizard who used to be played by Daniel Radcliffe. The first in the series of illustrated full-colour editions will be published by Bloomsbury in September 2015.
2. This is what Jim had to say about the gig of a lifetime:
From my point of view it is without doubt the commission of a lifetime… to design the characters, the clothing, the architecture and landscapes to possibly the most expansive world in children’s literature, well let’s just say I’m extremely excited about it. However I am also mindful of the huge responsibility this represents. I want to make sure I do the best job I possibly can.
3. Here is his vision of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
Jim won the Kate Greenaway Medal in 2012 for illustrations of A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness. He previously worked in the archives of Tate Britain and the Royal Botanical Gardens at Kew. He lives in Northamptonshire with his partner and a rescued greyhound.
- The National Dialogue Quartet in Tunisia won the 2015 Nobel Peace Prize for its role in building a democracy there. ›
- California Republican Kevin McCarthy has dropped out of the race to be the next speaker of the U.S. House. ›
- The United Nations has proposed a national unity government for Libya after peace talks between the north African country's two rival factions. ›