1. Jack Whitehall and Joe Thomas are back next week for a third series of Channel 4’s hit student sitcom. But there’s a modern twist.
The first episode of the new series will debut on 4od next Monday, October 28, before debuting on Channel 4 the following Monday at 10pm.
2. The gang are now in their second year, but they haven’t grown up, according to writer Sam Bain:
If anything the reverse. One of the pitches is that we’ve got a new housemate replacing the absent Josie, who’s in Southampton as we start the series. So we’ve got Candice, who’s a first year Fresher, and they – and particularly Oregon – treat her like she’s about ten years younger than them, and they know it all, and have seen things she couldn’t possibly imagine. They treat her with that kind of attitude. In their minds, they’ve moved on, but in reality they haven’t.
- The U.S., Japan, and 10 other Pacific Rim nations have agreed to a historic trade deal encompassing 40% of the world's economy. ›
- California has become the fifth U.S. state to legalize physician-assisted suicide for terminally ill patients. ›
- CC Sabathia, a pitcher for the playoff-bound New York Yankees, says he's checking himself into an alcohol rehab center. ›