1. This is the best video you will watch today.
The Brythoniaid Welsh Male Voice Choir performing ‘Good Times’ by Chic.
2. The special cover was commissioned for Festival No. 6 next month, where Chic and Nile Rodgers will be performing.
The Festival takes place in the Welsh town of Portmeirion, September 13-15. Each night, the choir will perform ‘Good Times’ in the village piazza.
3. Portmeirion is a gorgeous Italianate village on the Welsh coast, built from parts of other buildings from all over Europe.
It was built by eccentric architect Sir Clough Williams-Ellis in 1926. He wanted to prove that buildings could enhance a landscape’s natural beauty, rather than corrupting it.
4. The village gained cult status when 1960s sci-fi series The Prisoner was filmed there.
5. The second Festival No. 6 also sees headline slots from Manic Street Preachers and My Bloody Valentine.
Elsewhere on the bill are James Blake, Johnny Marr, These New Puritans, Everything Everything, Neon Neon, Frankie Knuckles, and a revived BBC Radiophonic Workshop, playing their first ever festival.
6. Here is the choir performing New Order’s “Blue Monday” from last year.
- Iran's parliament approved a deal on its nuclear program, which was agreed in July following lengthy talks between six world powers. ›
- Police officers in the UK will record anti-Muslim hate crimes as a specific category in crime statistics for the first time. ›
- There were three stabbings in Jerusalem on Monday, part of a monthlong wave of violence between Israelis and Palestinians. ›