1. On romance.
2. On motivation.
3. On managing expectations.
Some of you may discover a wonderful vocation you’d never imagined. Others may find out life isn’t fair; in spite of your Masters from Bryn Mawr, you might end up a glorified babysitter to a bunch of dead-eyed fourth graders while your husband runs naked on a beach with your marriage counsellor.
4. On consequences.
5. On priorities.
6. On being a glass-half-full person.
7. On knowing when to let them win.
Well class, the history of our country has changed again, to correspond with Bart’s answers on yesterday’s test. America was now discovered in 1942 by ‘some guy.’ And our country isn’t called America anymore. It’s called Bonerland.
8. On the realities of life as an educator.
- Two bomb attacks in Nigeria's central city of Jos killed at least 44 people.
- Greek Finance Minister Yanis Varoufakis has resigned following an overwhelming "no" vote on new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. The country's future in the eurozone is uncertain.
- The U.S. defeated Japan 5-2 in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup. It was the highest scoring final in the history of the tournament ⚽️