1. We get to enjoy the beauty of the city, without having to be in the city.
Nothing but skyline.
2. We have a personal superhero.
When you hear that familiar bike horn…you know the Bat is close by.
3. The Bok’ is the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra.
If it’s good enough for Ol’ Blue Eyes, its good enough for us.
4. Hoboken St. Pat’s is the best holiday…until a certain age
So much public urination and debauchery…
5. Speaking of debauchery…
Hoboken is #2 in the country for having the most bars per square mile. Bottoms up.
6. Yes, Carlos Bakery is here…
But us locals know better than waiting all day in line. Go at night or flash a confirmation of address to cut ahead for Italian desserts.
7. We also have some great restaurants…many of which are BYOB.
Italian? Mexican? Thai? Sushi? Whatever you want plus a trip to the liquor store = cheap dinner Heaven.
8. And lets not forget all the delicious Italian Delis…
Remember that episode of 30 Rock with the infamous sandwiches? Yeah. Rumor has it that bite of Heaven came from Fiores. There is even a Mutz fest to crown who has the best fresh mozzarella in town. Shit just got real.
9. The summer brings plenty of fun, free activities.
From movies and concerts to yoga and fitness, there’s always something going on almost every weeknight on the pier. Who doesn’t love entertainment with a great view?
10. We don’t have to battle the tourists of Midtown to get in some decent shopping.
With many original boutiques and a mall close-by in downtown Jersey City (not to mention Target y’all) splurging on some new gams comes easy.
11. Commuting is easy.
The PATH runs every hour of every day, making it easy to get into the city whenever. Buses are also an option as well as ferries (the most expensive but quickest/traffic free route).
12. We get a little more bang for our buck.
While rent is rising along with more luxury buildings, you can still find decent priced apartments compared to areas in Manhattan. Plus you can benefit from lower tax rates.
13. So hate on Jersey all you want…
We know we have it good.