1. Size matters
In this case small is preferred.
2. Because major cities are easily reachable
Especially Paris (every American tourist’s favourite), which is less than 3 hours on a plane from most places in Europe
3. Beautiful places in general
Italy’s Amalfi Coast
4. Le Café
To hell with the drive-thru Starbucks.
5. The world’s best chocolate bar
6. Real beer
So much variety.
7. Non-extreme weather
8. Politicians with swag
Obama ain’t got nothing
9. The Euro
It’s stronger than the dollar, more colourful, and less confusing
10. Let’s not forget the languages
11. European men
12. And European women
Mila Kunis - yep, born Ukrainian
13. Universal health care
C’mon America, this really lets you down. The majority of European countries provide some sort of health care to all its citizens and high quality state systems exist in the UK and Scandinavia.
Get your own America!
15. And hot princes!
Prince Carl Philip, Duke of Värmland (Sweden)
17. Beautiful old architecture in general
La Sagrada Família, Barcelona
18. Compacts that are actually cool
19. And you don’t have to drive this monstrosity
20. Stick shift
Because they’re way more fun than your auto-transmission
21. Speed limits that don’t make driving a chore
Basically driving in Europe is just way better than in America
22. You don’t have to tip
23. EU Passports
European citizens can travel to any other EU country they like, no questions asked! So no intimidating American style border controls are needed.
24. Legal drinking age
As low as 14 in some countries, but Europe has lower levels of marijuana usage
25. European Sports
26. Not being sued
27. The European idea of fast food
Independent bakeries and delicatessens
28. European cheese
So much more delicious than that plastic American stuff
29. Not having to fear the local wildlife
30. European TV
They don’t have excessively long seasons, drawn out stories and are far more engaging! Check out the Danish crime drama The Killing (Forbrydelsen).
31. In addition to the European film
Pan’s Labyrinth (El laberinto del fauno) from Spain
Europe is home to just about every fairytale you can name, not Disneyland
33. European interior design
Functional, simple and clean. You’ll find examples of it in your local giant Swedish furniture store
34. There’s no popular European equivalent of this
It’s way more liberal in Europe
35. The Eurovision Song Contest
In the 20th century European arguments were settled in World Wars. Now countries battle it out in this.