1. Don’t let the statement necklace do all of the talking.
The statement necklace surely has a lot to say, but don’t let the rest of your outfit go unheard! Style the neck piece with complementary colors and textures.
2. Learn to make yourself appear taller.
There are a lot of tricks out there to help you appear taller. A tall heel covered by a longer pant is a great fix. They won’t know where your legs end and your shoes begin!
3. When in doubt, focus on the silhouette.
Sometimes silhouettes make a more alluring statement than loud patterns.
4. Learn how to tie a scarf.
There are more than 25 ways to tie a scarf. Just learn how to do a couple! Or at least one…
5. Use stripes to your advantage.
Horizontal stripes accentuate width, while vertical and diagonal stripes give the illusion of elongating the body.
6. Don’t forget about comfort.
You can still look super chic while feeling like you’re at home on the couch! Garments made from cotton provide unrivaled comfort.
7. The little black dress is the gift that keeps on giving.
Transition effortlessly from work to an evening out with this wardrobe staple. The styling possibilities are endless.
8. How to properly roll up your sleeves.
There’s a science and art to it. Step-by-step instructions here.
9. Avoid mixing clashing prints and patterns.
Too many clashing patterns can seem gaudy and harsh.
10. How to find the perfect pair of jeans.
Stick to natural fabrics like cotton and avoid jeans with too much elastane. They don’t keep their shape and might end up with saggy, overstretched knees.
11. Don’t be afraid to start a trend.
Anyone can influence fashion. Don’t be afraid to mix it up and try new things!