1. When you discover holes in your pockets.
Level of Trauma: Missing keys and $3.26 in lost pocket change.
2. When you spill coffee on your clothes.
Level of Trauma: Smelling like a vanilla latte for the rest of the day.
3. When it rains and you have to walk around all day with wet pant legs.
Level of Trauma: Nothing is finer than everyone at work hearing you squish with each step.
4. When you get a run in your favorite pair of tights.
Level of Trauma: Having nothing left to cover your legs by the end of the day.
5. When your bra strap won’t stay put.
Level of Trauma: Having someone confuse your loose bra strap as an attempt at being suggestive. Awkward.
6. When you manage to tear awkward holes in your favorite pants.
Level of Trauma: Unintentional public indecency.
7. When you tuck your shirt in your underwear without realizing.
Level of Trauma: Having everyone know what brand of underwear you like.
8. When you get food on your clothes.
Level of Trauma: A trip to the laundromat.
9. When your zipper catches a piece of cloth and then never works again.
Level of Trauma: Cut my dress into pieces — this is my last resort.
10. When your heel breaks and you have no backup.
Level of Trauma: Having to limp around awkwardly and explain to people that you’re not actually injured.
11. When static cling attacks you in all the wrong places.
Level of Trauma: Finding out that your skirt is more form-fitting than you expected.
12. When you misalign your buttons.
Level of Trauma: Not being able to figure out why it’s so uncomfortable to be fashionable, but then you realize what’s really going on.