1. The average male spends 3 years of his life sitting on the toilet.
2. Jolene Van Vugt holds the land speed record for fastest motorized toilet at 46mph.
3. Alfred Hitchcocks 1960 film Psycho was the first to ever show a toilet flushing. It generated an outcry of indecency complaints.
4. This is the scariest bathroom in the world
The glass floor is built atop a 15 story drop.
5. A bathroom themed restaurant exists in China. You even eat from toilet bowl-shaped bowls.
6. Contrary to popular belief, Thomas Crapper didn’t invent the toilet.
He did popularize the use of the toilet and developed some related inventions like the ballcock, the floating ball that you see when you open up a toilet.
7. A company created a potty with a built in iPad to help teach young children about the wonders of going diaper-less.
8. On average, people use 57 sheets of toilet paper a day.
9. The most expensive toilet in the world was made by Hang Fung jewelers in Hong Kong and is made of 24 karat gold.
10. Based on multiple surveys, 60-70% of people prefer their toilet paper “over.”
Do you know what else you probably never knew?
Using both wipes and toilet paper to take care of your business is the cleaner way to go. You wouldn’t wash your car without both water and a towel, so why should your body deserve any less? Test your cleaning logic with Cottonelle.