1. First of three telegrams sent to the Secretary of the Post Office by Ismay Imrie & Co., owners of the White Star Line, soon after the disaster.
2. Second of three telegrams sent, saying all passengers had been transfered to the SS Virginian. This error was reported in the American press as well as the Daily Mirror the day after the disaster.
3. Third telegram sent after Imsay Imrie & Co. got the real news says “about 675 souls” were saved. The actual number was 710.
4. Titantic owner Bruce Ismay, shown here portrayed by Jonathan Hyde in Titanic, is considered one of the biggest cowards in history for sneaking aboard a lifeboat.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Two University of Cincinnati officers who were on the scene shortly after Samuel Dubose was fatally shot have been placed on leave. The officer accused of killing Dubose has been released from jail after posting bond.
- An ultra-Orthodox man stabbed six people at Jerusalem's gay pride parade on Thursday.
- The new Apple TV will debut in September, along with its own App Store, sources tell BuzzFeed News.