1. It’s the account executive’s job to fucking pay attention.
2. Don’t worry: after about the 50th time it happens, you get used to it.
3. The un-brief.
4. Sorry, you never get used to this gut punch. Alcohol helps though.
5. The trick: Drink slower than him, and learn things you would otherwise never find out.
6. The unending “push” — I once had one go for three months non-stop, seven days a week, and we didn’t get the business.
7. “Great presentation guys” becomes the hollowest phrase in the English language.
8. The evil that account executives do is limitless.
9. And even though the “concept” now sucks balls, it’s still your concept and you have to see the turd to completion.
SEE ALL 35 STRIPS HERE:
In The News Today
- President Obama apologized to Doctors Without Borders for the airstrike that killed 22 people at a clinic in Afghanistan. ›
- Syrian troops launched a major ground offensive, backed by Russian airstrikes, against opposition forces. ›
- Tomas Lindahl, Paul Modrich, and Aziz Sancar won the Nobel Prize in chemistry for figuring out how cells repair DNA. ›