1. Virgin Mobile — starring Susie Essman
EASILY, the best Mother’s Day ad I’ve seen this year.
“I spent two hours a day for six months clenching my snapdragon with a rubber ball…”
As opposed to Facebook, Google has Human tech advertising down to a science.
3. Kobo eReader
Near perfect commercial that perfectly ties in with the product (a universal ad problem).
4. Sport Chek
Sport Chek is Canada’s largest sports equipment retailer.
Spot stars Canadian Olympic hockey player Meaghan Mikkelson and her mother, doing what mothers do best.
5. BONUS: Laina, aka Overly Attached Girlfirend, sends you running into your mother’s arms, gentlemen.
- President Obama on Monday declared a major disaster in South Carolina, where floods have killed at least 12 people and left tens of thousands stranded. ›
- California has become the fifth U.S. state to legalize physician-assisted suicide for terminally ill patients. ›
- The U.S., Japan, and 10 other Pacific Rim nations have agreed to a historic trade deal encompassing 40% of the world's economy. ›