1. Virgin Mobile — starring Susie Essman
EASILY, the best Mother’s Day ad I’ve seen this year.
“I spent two hours a day for six months clenching my snapdragon with a rubber ball…”
As opposed to Facebook, Google has Human tech advertising down to a science.
3. Kobo eReader
Near perfect commercial that perfectly ties in with the product (a universal ad problem).
4. Sport Chek
Sport Chek is Canada’s largest sports equipment retailer.
Spot stars Canadian Olympic hockey player Meaghan Mikkelson and her mother, doing what mothers do best.
5. BONUS: Laina, aka Overly Attached Girlfirend, sends you running into your mother’s arms, gentlemen.
- A Guatemalan judge ordered former President Otto Perez Molina held in jail overnight while hearings over the corruption scandal that led to his resignation take place. ›
- Prosecutors will seek the death penalty for Dylann Roof, accused of killing nine people in a Charleston church in June. ›
- Kentucky clerk Kim Davis has been taken into federal custody until she orders her staff to issue marriage licenses. ›