1. “The Art of Frightening.” Brilliant campaign by Germany’s Jung von Matt.
4. Two IKEA-riffing ads via Spain. Ad agency: Shackleton, Madrid, Spain.
6. “We See Crime Everywhere.” Ad agency: BETC EURO RSCG, France.
12. Even their trade ads are creepy. Ad agency: BETC EURO RSCG, France.
13. Decapitated Head Bowling Balls — ad agency: Jung von Matt, Germany.
14. These two TV spots, by Jung von Matt, are goosebumps-creepy.
16. They even have cool gory stationery:
- Protesters marched in Chicago for the second night in a row after the release of a video showing the police shooting of black teen Laquan McDonald. ›
- Frank Gifford's family says the NFL star had CTE, the degenerative brain disease linked to football. He died in August. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›