1. The Silva campaign was launched in the late 1960s with this Draper-approved line.
3. The “I’m A Thinner” twist was added in 1970 — implying, but not directly claiming, that smoking Silvas would keep a woman skinny.
6. Back in the early aughts, this Skor campaign got blasted, and prompted Hershey to pull many of the executions. The line is attributed to Wallis, Duchess of Windsor.
7. Wake up Don, we gotta present to Chevy.
Continue your trip back to the 1960s with more Mad Men Sexist Ads of the Week.
- World leaders are gathering in Paris for the United Nations summit on climate change 🌍 ›
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- And Kobe Bryant wrote a poem announcing that he's retiring from professional basketball at the end of this season 🏀🎭 ›