3. Eco-friendly concept design For eggs packaging made of hay. By Polish designer Maja Szczypek.
5. German footwear chain Görtz created these bird displays for their children’s section with shoelaces serving as worms.
6. Another concept design for a fictional vodka brand: “Spine.” More than any other liquor, vodka is pure marketing, so I wouldn’t be surprised to see this on shelves some day. By German designer Johannes Schulz.
7. Campbell’s has partnered with the Andy Warhol Foundation to produce a limited edition range of tomato soup cans inspired by the artist’s work. The cans are available in British markets starting today.
For the third straight summer, Russia held an ad and design “Feykstival” — for concept work. This year it was held in Riga. Here are three of the winning package designs.
- Takaaki Kajita and Arthur McDonald have won the Nobel Prize in physics for their discovery that neutrinos have mass. ›
- Russia is reportedly preparing to send ground troops to aid Syria's campaign against rebel forces. ›
- Grace Lee Boggs, Detroit activist and civil rights pioneer, has died at the age of 100, according to the Boggs Center. ›