1. Promoting a “Jelly Invasion” this month.
2. Just a perfectly wonderful lamppost installation using a mysterious anglerfish.
3. Ads promoting the “Frogs Forever” exhibit.
4. The aquarium put up these posters and urinal installations in the men’s room of a nearby bar. When gents pissed on the pregnancy test, it registered a positive. In the Syngnathidae family of fish, it’s the males that get pregnant.
5. This exhibit just ended last month. Very cool design.
7. Their ad agency is Taxi, in Vancouver.
8. LEFT — high tide. RIGHT — low tide. Brilliant.
These wonderful Science World billboards are also via Vancouver, and are even more brilliant.
- Justice Antonin Scalia, the conservative heart of the U.S. Supreme Court for more than a decade, has died. He was 79.
- Scalia was the current court's longest-serving justice, having been nominated in 1986 by President Ronald Reagan.
- Republicans are extremely unlikely to confirm anyone that President Obama nominates in the final months of his second term.