6. Security Gates make for perfect street canvases. See more of these here.
7. Piece by Italian artist MR. BLOB, in Long Island City, Queens.
8. By StudioKCA, “Head in the Clouds Pavilion” is made of 53,780 recycled plastic bottles — the number thrown away in New York City in one hour.
On Governors Island.
9. Lädy Millard has been painting and tagging trash around NYC. Here, on Wooster Street.
10. By French graffiti artist Monsieur Plume in Long Island City, Queens.
11. By Aakash Nihalani, at a Brooklyn subway station. More of Nihalani’s work here.
Here Are Today's Top Stories
- President Obama is visiting New Orleans neighborhoods today to mark the 10th anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. ›
- Reporters across the U.S. are posting #WeStandWithWDBJ tributes on social media following Wednesday's on-air killing of two journalists. ›
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg said (on Faceboook, obviously) that one billion people used the service on Monday. ›