6. Security Gates make for perfect street canvases. See more of these here.
7. Piece by Italian artist MR. BLOB, in Long Island City, Queens.
8. By StudioKCA, “Head in the Clouds Pavilion” is made of 53,780 recycled plastic bottles — the number thrown away in New York City in one hour.
On Governors Island.
9. Lädy Millard has been painting and tagging trash around NYC. Here, on Wooster Street.
10. By French graffiti artist Monsieur Plume in Long Island City, Queens.
11. By Aakash Nihalani, at a Brooklyn subway station. More of Nihalani’s work here.
In The News Today
- At least three people have died in South Carolina due to severe rainfall. More than 11 inches of rain fell on the city in 48 hours. ›
- President Obama says the U.S. has launched a full investigation into the airstrikes that killed 22 people at a hospital in Afghanistan on Saturday. ›
- The World Bank announced that for the first time it is forecasting the rate of extreme global poverty to drop below 10% in 2015 . ›