1. HEADLINE: Imagine A World Without War.
Via Spain, from 2009, for the World March For Peace.
4. Copy: “What Goes Around Comes Around. Stop the Iraq War.”
Great pole wrap ads via the United States for the Global Coalition for Peace from 2008.
5. From 2005, “Lord Of War” billboard defaced in San Francisco.
6. War Child
Last year, Dutch artist Hans Hemmert built this 7,000 balloon Sherman tank in the city square of Den Bosch, The Netherlands for War Child, a worldwide charity that helps children of war. It was part of a fundraising effort.
7. War Child
Via Canada, this spot for War Child is pretty emotional.
8. HEADLINE: Giving Kids A Chance To Be Kids.
2007 ad via Australia for Right To Play – an international humanitarian organization that aids children in the most disadvantaged areas of the world.
9. 1960s Lego ad.
Amazing that an American corporation (In the 1960s, Lego toys were manufactured and sold by Samsonite) took such a clear anti-war stance.
Startling campaign from 2007 for a German nonprofit that helps war orphans.
Second ad below.
- Tunisia's president declared a state of emergency a week after a deadly terror attack on a beach hotel.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 1-0 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the Copa ⚽️