1. HEADLINE: Imagine A World Without War.
Via Spain, from 2009, for the World March For Peace.
4. Copy: “What Goes Around Comes Around. Stop the Iraq War.”
Great pole wrap ads via the United States for the Global Coalition for Peace from 2008.
5. From 2005, “Lord Of War” billboard defaced in San Francisco.
6. War Child
Last year, Dutch artist Hans Hemmert built this 7,000 balloon Sherman tank in the city square of Den Bosch, The Netherlands for War Child, a worldwide charity that helps children of war. It was part of a fundraising effort.
7. War Child
Via Canada, this spot for War Child is pretty emotional.
8. HEADLINE: Giving Kids A Chance To Be Kids.
2007 ad via Australia for Right To Play – an international humanitarian organization that aids children in the most disadvantaged areas of the world.
9. 1960s Lego ad.
Amazing that an American corporation (In the 1960s, Lego toys were manufactured and sold by Samsonite) took such a clear anti-war stance.
Startling campaign from 2007 for a German nonprofit that helps war orphans.
Second ad below.
- The U.S., Japan, and 10 other Pacific Rim nations have agreed to a historic trade deal encompassing 40% of the world's economy. ›
- Three scientists who developed treatments against parasites have won the 2015 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine. ›
- At least three people have died in South Carolina due to severe rainfall. More than 11 inches of rain fell on the city in 48 hours. ›