The impressive installation was set-up today, June 22nd, on Copacabana Beach by the NGO Rio de Paz. From their website:
“We are a group of citizens from all segments of society interested in the defense of human rights in our country. We have no political connections or connection with a public institution and our biggest concern is public safety.”
Brazil is currently prepping to host the 2014 World Cup next summer.
Meanwhile, hundreds of thousands of people continue to take to the city streets daily to protest government corruption.
Here’s a video report on the installation.
3. Soccer balls, laid out like a graveyard.
4. The sign was Photoshop translated to English by the organization for publicity purposes.
- At least three police officers in Colorado Springs were injured in a shooting at a Planned Parenthood clinic, officials said. ›
- At least 15 people were killed after a suicide bomber attacked a Shiite Muslim procession of hundreds of people in Nigeria. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›