The impressive installation was set-up today, June 22nd, on Copacabana Beach by the NGO Rio de Paz. From their website:
“We are a group of citizens from all segments of society interested in the defense of human rights in our country. We have no political connections or connection with a public institution and our biggest concern is public safety.”
Brazil is currently prepping to host the 2014 World Cup next summer.
Meanwhile, hundreds of thousands of people continue to take to the city streets daily to protest government corruption.
Here’s a video report on the installation.
3. Soccer balls, laid out like a graveyard.
4. The sign was Photoshop translated to English by the organization for publicity purposes.
- Kentucky clerk Kim Davis has been taken into federal custody until she orders her staff to issue marriage licenses. ›
- Tom Brady's four-game suspension by the NFL following the "Deflategate" scandal has been overturned by a federal judge. ›
- Facebook is working with charter schools to build educational software that it eventually plans on offering for free to U.S. public schools. ›