This pamphlet, from the early 1960s, was produced by the International Order of the Golden Rule, “a not-for-profit membership organization of independent, family-owned funeral homes located throughout North America and overseas.’
Yes, it was given out to children at viewings and visitations and such.
2. “Yes, but what if I’m here at this funeral home because my Mommy and/or Daddy ARE DEAD?
3. That man looks perfectly nice.
4. Eleven exclamation points. That’s some nice art direction.
5. Or, run to the nearest funeral home, I guess.
7. Wait, what? I thought this was about people?
- Robert L. Dear was identified as the suspected gunman in a fatal shooting at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs. ›
- At least 15 people were killed after a suicide bomber attacked a Shiite Muslim procession of hundreds of people in Nigeria. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›